What is meant by monitoring is evaluating measurement signals in the PCT Module by means of monitoring strategies. In the event of a detection (e. g. first cut), the device sends a message in the form of digital switching signals to the machine.
The goal of such monitoring is:
- Simplification: Self-learning strategies eliminate time-consuming parameter settings by the machine operator.
- Time savings: Unproductive segments of the process can be significantly reduced (e. g. air grinding).
- Quality assurance: The form precision of the tool and the constant quality of the processed workpieces can be assured.
- Reduced tool costs: The dressing e. g. on expensive CBN grinding wheels will be reduced to a real minimum and avoids therefore unnecessary dressing cycles.
- Operational safety: Abnormal and out-of-round workpieces or preprocessing errors are detected early, so that no damage is caused to the tool or machine and production downtimes will be avoided.
- Analysis of data: Logging of process data to watch the manufacturing process (trend - statistics).